Why a personal trainer can help with your new years resolution
Going into a new Year is always exciting. It is a fresh start, a chance to get to your goals that you’ve been putting off for the past 9 months. Whether or not you like to make Resolutions, the start of a New Year is always a good time to reflect on your life, what good things are prevalent, and where you’d like to make improvements.
One popular New Years Resolution each year always revolves around Fitness, Weight-Loss and the Gym. Whether you’ve vowed to lose 50 pounds, tone up for a coming Vacation, or get into gear for a 10k you have planned in 12 weeks, a Personal Trainer can help you reach those goals.
Why might you think about hiring a Trainer to guide you in your Resolution?
- Motivation: Sure, you start out strong on January 1st, 2nd and maybe even the 3rd. But what about when January 30th rolls around? Are you still fired up from the first of the year, ready to attack your goals? You’re not alone in losing motivation- in fact, that’s one of the most common reasons people don’t succeed on their fitness goals. A Personal Trainer can help by keeping you on track, working towards your desired outcome and remind you why you started in the first place.
- Accountability: How often do you go into the gym by yourself and find yourself slacking off, texting, looking at food pictures on Instagrram, and end up calling it a day without barely breaking a sweat? From what I’ve seen in big Box Gyms, you’re not in the minority! A Personal Trainer will make good use of your time and make sure you are working the entire workout.
- Progression: A natural phase in working out are plateaus. Eventually, what you are doing will stop working, and you’ll find your progress stalled. A Personal Trainer knows how to combat the dreaded plateau and adjust your workout accordingly, to keep you making progress towards your goals.
- Designed program: with a Personal Trainer, you will have your own program designed for your body, your needs, your time frame, instead of a cookie cutter workout you'll find in in Shape Magazine.
- Goal setting: A Personal Trainer can help you actually set achievable, realistic goals to help keep you motivated and coming back for more. They will not tell you you’ll lose the 50 pounds you want in 1 week, but instead, give you small, attainable goals to hit each week, and help you feel like you're headed in the right direction!
- Education: So many new comers (and even seasoned gym-goers!) perform many movements wrong in the gym, with improper and dangerous form. Oftentimes, this can cause unnecessary injuries, and result in an end to the Resolution. A Personal Trainer is there to guide you through each movement, lessen your risk of injury, and educate you along the way so you know how to perform the movements on your own.
- Unique requirements: Not everyone is built the same and some things that work for certain people may be harmful to another. A Personal Trainer can work around your unique requirements, issues, and limitations to make sure you are getting the most out of your program and achieving your goals.
- On Your Time: At Justin and Kylie’s we are always available when people want to make their appointment to come see us for their goals. Whether that be early morning, your mid-afternoon work break, or on your drive home, when you make an appointment, we will be there to fit into your schedule.
Regardless of your goals, or the time of year you want to start working towards them, a Personal Trainer, and an individually designed program like you’ll get at Justin and Kylie’s, can be very beneficial to helping you achieve and stay motivated to achieve a realistic fitness goal.
Dedicate & Succeed,
Justin & Kylie Kukla